Friday, June 8, 2007

I'm still here


Yay!!! I just signed up for the 2nd doll quilt swap! It's going to be awesome! When I saw the first, I wished I would have found it earlier so I could have participated. I was thrilled when I learned there would be a 2nd round. I can't wait to get started!
Wow...I didn't mean to take a 2 week break. I have been creating, honest. Here's the new bag I made for myself. It's Simplicity 4535. I altered it a little so it's a little smaller. The bag is just about 12" x 12" and it's 3 3/4" wide. I also added a key ring inside because nothing is worse than standing in the rain digging for keys while holding a screaming 17-month-old.
I was just in the mood for pink. The color is closer to the bottom picture.

And check this out. I went to Joann's for pink corduroy and 1 piece of material for a border. Look what I left with... Yes, orange is my favorite color. I like them all, no discrimination here, but orange, I love! There was just so much material on sale! (Not to mention the 6 pieces of flannel and 5 pieces of canvas I didn't show!)
My husband should NOT let me go to that store alone!
I'm hoping he'll be up for the movies tonight. Ocean's Thirteen is out, and I think we would both enjoy it. Have a great and productive weekend!

1 comment:

Marisa said...

This is a super cool bag. Looking forward to seeing what you do for your doll quilt!